COVID-19 & Influenza Information for Visitors
We continue to experience the impacts of COVID-19 and influenza in Queensland and here at Jimbelunga are committed to the health and safety of all our residents. In line with the Queensland Government traffic light system, we have implemented the following requirements for visitors to Jimbelunga.
The traffic light system is based on the current level of risk in the community but we also recommend the following precautions for all visitors:
At all times:
- We encourage you to be up to date with COVID-19 and Influenza vaccinations.
- You are not permitted to enter the facility if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
- You are not permitted to enter the facility if you have any cold, flu or gastro symptoms.
- If you are a close contact of a COVID-19 case you can only visit if there are extenuating circumstances and you will need approval from the facility manager.
- When entering the facility you will need to register and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and close contacts.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitiser and basins provided.
- When indoors, please maintain 1.5m physical distancing as much as possible.
- Visitors are asked to perform a rapid antigen test before each visit or twice per week if visiting regularly.
- Please wear a face mask when entering a ‘keep me safe’ resident’s room.
- Visitors are still permitted to enter the facility.
- Visitors are required to perform a rapid antigen test before each visit or twice per week if you are visiting regularly.
- Please wear a face mask at all times when indoors at the facility.
- Visitors are not permitted in the facility unless they will be providing essential care for a resident.
- Further instructions will be provided to essential visitors in terms of personal protective equipment and rapid antigen testing.